Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Fair Use Video

When I opened the videos it was actually the same link to the document that explained each video.  But since I had already seen most of the videos from the clip explaining fair use that I watched first I was familiar with what the document was discussing.  I think I did a pretty good job guessing how each clip fell under fair use policies.  It was clear that each clip was used in a context other than simply showing for showings sake.  There was a clear purpose for each clip being used and I think that's the key for using videos on our websites.  It is important to remember that when we choose to incorporate video into our websites it must be in a context beyond simply "showing it for fun".  There must be some sort of reason (documentation, commentary, critique, discussion, etc.) for using the video.  I'm thinking at this point that any clips I use on my site will be videos that I have made myself, making the only fair use issue that of incidental use (if there happened to be a song playing in the background or something like that).

No comments:

Post a Comment